I've asked this to various people over the years. Most people quickly think of reasons why he shouldn't be inducted to the HHOF but here is a list of why he should be:
- 3 Stanley Cup Championships (1991, 2006, 2011)
- 50+ Goal Scorer (1992-93)
- 100+ Point Scorer (3 times)
- All-Star Game MVP (1996-97)
- 12th Highest Scorer in NHL History
- 500+ Career Goals
- 900+ Career Assists
- 1,500+ Career Points
- 1,600+ Career Games
- Finalist for Lester B. Pearson Trophy as NHLPA MVP
With 1,533 points (577 goals, 956 assists) in 1,652 games, Mark Recchi is the 12th highest scorer in NHL history. An exceptionally consistent player over his career, Recchi was known for his no-nonsense attitude, top level skill, and his distinctive skating style.
From 2002-03 In The Game Be A Player comes this hard-signed autograph of Mark Recchi during one of his stints with the Philadelphia Flyers. A three-time winner of the Bobby Clarke Trophy as the Flyers MVP, Recchi will become eligible for HHOF induction in 2014.